About Me

My photo
Graduate trying out life on the other side of the world.. stay tuned.

Tuesday 25 December 2012

Christmas time, Mistletoe and wine.. [Christmas Vodka]

Christmas seems a good a time as any to write a post- that and I was dutifully reminded it had been far too long without updating it. Apologies- you know who you are!

So, here it's Boxing Day, and I think I've had the best two months this year just gone by. Summer has finally arrived- or as Summer-like as it gets in New Zealand.(Turns out you can still have a British type summer on the other side of the world. It still rains.) I'm supping on an ice cold gin, elderflower creation and I'm ready to go.

I've been lucky enough to have a very special visitor in December- my mum came to visit! It was a rollercoaster of a fortnight, full of emotions and cocktails. Tour of the north of South Island in nothing other than a bright pink car- was absolutely wonderful. I think I may have given her a taste of the Kiwi lifestyle.. It was an incredibly special time and I'm lucky enough to have shared it all with her.

Work has been amazing-the new role is providing the challenge I was yearning for, and I love it. The puppies, and kitten season is certainly helping things along a little.

So- Christmas. Most surreal Christmas I've ever had. Swimming in the sea on Christmas Day has to be a highlight. Yes, you could swim in the sea in the Northern Hemisphere or the UK on Christmas Day, but you'd be liable to losing a few toes due to frostbite and turning into an ice sculpture.. not so much fun.Christmas Vodka was also a key highlight. Along with the superbly cooked full on Christmas dinner (without the sprouts- not in season apparently. Pretty good though, as it meant I didn't have to begrudgingly eat a token sprout this year).

It's just been so bloody HOT.

It has been hard being away from home and all the little traditions you have with family that you never think about until occasions such as Christmas- but change can only be good on occasions such as these and making new traditions is pretty exciting.


Bring on the New Year, kicking off with a party to remember, and hopefully one which will be the start of an even better year- which will be hard, but I'm confident, if 2012 is anything to go by, 2013 will surpass even my expectations.

Just a few snaps..








Bring on the New Year, kicking off with a party to remember, and hopefully one which will be the start of an even better year- which will be hard, but I'm confident, if 2012 is anything to go by, 2013 will surpass even my expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment