About Me

My photo
Graduate trying out life on the other side of the world.. stay tuned.

Sunday 12 February 2012

Kiwi Lovin'

So I've been in NZ for a few days now and this is the first chance I've had to sit down and collect my somewhat sparse thoughts. That, and the fact I have a sprained ankle has meant that it is sort of an enforced sitting down and collecting of thoughts.

The flight over was loonnng and kinda boring, although free wifi in airports does break things up a little. I am now an expert in aeroplane food, and word to the wise, always avoid the chicken.

Anyway I arrived in Auckland at 5 in the morning and couldn't check in til one that afternoon, gutted. Anyway in a bid to beat the jet lag, I took a tour round the city, headed down to the harbour currently undergoing some amazing regeneration and also headed up the Sky Tower. Apart from nearly having a heart attack when I saw someone bungee off the top of the building by the window I was stood at, it was pretty fantastic and I can now add the tallest building in the Southern Hemisphere to my 'BEEN THERE!' hit list. I did all the other standard touristy stuff and spent about 8 hours in the museum there. I won't bore you with all the things I did. I'll probably just make you jealous.

Anyway, cut to the chase I've had a change of plan and have come to Wellington earlier than expected and doing the stereotypical kiwi experience another time soon. Again, another absolutely fab city and dare I say I think I prefer it to Auckland, shocker! Plus the bestest is based here, which helps. The house is fantastic with some of the best views I've ever seen from a lounge.

NZ so far has left a great impression on me, and I love the community feel that the place has. Even in Auckland,which is a pretty hectic city, the people there are all so incredibly chirpy. I haven't come across one  grumpy person yet, not even the bus drivers. Yes, I am looking through rose tinted glasses, and I'm sure once reality hits- and I'm looking for jobs.. I may not feel the same but, for the moment it is lovely.

And on that lovely note, I'll love you and leave you.

No comments:

Post a Comment